Saturday, December 4, 2010

Frozen Flowers

Well it is official. Winter is here. The clocks fell back, the dark early nights, the freezing temps. and the COLD !! I really completely utterly cant stand the cold. It was just last week I took these pictures. Now there is a thin layer of snow which for some reason, even though the temperature is the same, it just seems colder for some reason.
This plant seems to be hanging onto summer the best it can, in a full out display of huge bell shaped flowers, it looks terrific, and makes it seem not so dismal.



Then there is the Kale. I love kale, it grows in such an amazing array of colors, and textures. I love the purple, pink, green tints, and the complex leaves are almost artwork if you look close.
These beautiful cabbages, have been in my planters since that last remenants of summer. They have frozen and thawed at least a dozen times, and they still seem so fresh.




I much prefer these Kale over the traditional flower of choice this time of year which is the Mum.
I just think this has much more punch don't you.?







































Okay, well enough of this, I am on my way outside looking like Nanook Of the North. With my huge boots, hat , gloves, coat and all the regalia to tackle rearranging all the urns and pots with greens and bows and giant ornaments for the holidays.....It is already too close to christmas, where did the time go to anyway.?????
xo
gina

1 comment:

time worn interiors said...

Great photos Gina! I absolutly hate the cold as well! I just told Craig this morning I want to winter in Florida next winter! Not sure if that will happen, but a girl can dream warm dreams, right! Have a great weekend!
Theresa
aka:TOT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...