Monday, February 8, 2010

Wild Winter.



What a Wild month January was. We finished out the show season and it was a whirlwind. We are exhausted, but it was terrific. Kelly helped me set up in every city. We are literally like "carnies" setting up in every town just to break down and do it again. I thought I would share a picture of our hammers. We both travel with them in our suitcases. We were in Chicago, and Kelly said, I need to make sure my hammer is in my bag, I said what does yours look like? she told me it had duct tape on it. Well............. So does mine !!! So I had to take a picture of these beauties !




The new front to the expanded Atlanta Showroom. We love our home there.












This is a bunch of pictures of the storm before the calm! Oh, it looks like we will never get it all in!
























the cute garden sheds are going to be in the line soon.








what would we do without drillguns??? I would be lost !!!














organized clutter is what I like to call it. It is starting to look like something.














































I've added Nautical to the line. I love these preserver pillows that are from european yachts.

































Le' Moo was a huge hit, it is a glass mosaic cow head that I think would look good in any home. Customers were telling me that she is selling well.























































a view from the isle.....It looks like a flea market in there...























































The horse from round top. "Charlie" he sold and is going to a new home. He is the coolest horse ever.

I found more old tack shop horses, so look for his cousins to be at a show soon.





























The shed all dressed up .















































































































This is the french Opera side of the showroom. We use antiques to decorate the showroom and many of them sell, so we can change it up each show. This is a bronze tellers cage from a french theatre. I can just imagine what the theatre itself looked like if the teller window was this ornate.




























A beautiful Santos from Brugges. She was sold and off to a new home.
























My favorite armoire. I brought this one back from Paris years ago. Even though it is French in Design, I believe it to be made in Italy. Non the less, I love the details and ovals of prints under glass.



















































The Red door. It leads into our "Bistro" We are so spoiled having a kitchen,
















































































































































































































































































































































I found this terrific "now serving" sign at the flea market. It came in handy when we were really busy, we passed out numbers, and my freind Charlie, from "Park Hill" came in one day and took a number it was 81. He would come in every day and pull the ticket out of his pocket, and say "not yet?, I will come back later" So before I left Atlanta for Dallas, I took a picture of the dial at "81" that is for Charlie.....Your numbers finally up buddy! If you havent had the pleasure of seeing Park Hill's Showrooms, they are two EXTREMELY talented guys "Todd & Charlie) , who make a lifestyle of chic country decor. It is elegantly unassuming and they have something for everyone.

















































Dont you love these burlap and muslin carrots with french label graphics? What country french kitchen wouldn't these look good in?




















I love these Hooks, each hand has the fingers for the number.





















I've had the bathing beauties but I decided to add the "bathing boys". how cute are they?






































































I always have to have some kind of sheep....I love sheep and in honor of my pet Molly, here are two irresistable cuties! and of course with a crown no less.










































































I love this sign. I found it in Marburger, and I love how the sign has the glass knobs in the letters, this was for extra reflection, it was way before lighted signs.

Hovis is a halucinagenic drug that would be added to give you an extra buzz in your tea I guess.






































































Garden clogs are planted with ivy....how cute are they?

















A carousel chariot has a new purpose as a pillow container. I could think of a ton of places to put it in a home.















































































Here we are in Dallas, in or temporary space. It is put up in 2 days then torn down again.....




































More of the booth in Dallas.






















We found so many treasures in Texas. I love this giant basket for our pillows and cushions.



These are rolling crates we built. We use them to store and ship goods in, and then use them in the booth for walls and display......You have to get creative when all you have is walls of drapes etc.

















































This is a typical scene at breakdown. It is hard to believe that everything is packed up and shrinked in saran wrap and sent back home. I cannot even tell you how exhausted we are by now.















































Almost done.. I cannot thank all my new and old customers to allow me to do what I love. My head is swimming with new ideas for next season, and I am working on them now, in hopes that I have samples to show in the not so distant future.

xo

gina

13 comments:

trash talk said...

Good gravy girl, I do believe you slipped me some Hovis. I have to be dreaming or tripping...there is no way there can be such a euphony of sights in one post!
Debbie
P.S. Cat Daddy says he can't wait to see you at Zapp!

lori miller vintage design co said...

my God the work!!

The showroom was fantastic in Atlanta. I'm already thinking about my next order.

It was fun to meet you and I can't wait to see what you have in store for us next.
Lori

Kim from The Sheep's Nest said...

Oh Gina, thanks for all the photos! I saw your booth at NYIGF, but didn't get the pleasure to meet you. I love your things and I am opening a shop in the fall, so I placed an order at the show then came home an placed another order and as I look at your photos I might have to place another!!! I also just got finished reading the article on you in WWC. Wow, how wonderful to be living your dream. Hard work, but I am sure so worth it in the end. Hope to get to meet you someday and I look forward to your treasures arriving so I can enjoy them before I have to put them in my shop to sell!! hugs, Kim

GINA's BLOGGATORIUM........... said...

Thank you soooooo much for the atta boys. It makes it all worth it.

Joy said...

Hello Gina, I arrived here via the info from Victoria's Secret. Your things are gorgeous, I am gleaning all sort of decorating ideas, AND I also see items you have for sale that I have thrown out over the years! Ackkk!!! You are now in my 'Favorites' and I will check back often for more inspiration!

Charlene said...

WOW what eye candy!!!! Almost like crack for us junkies!!!!! I would have loved to have that SANTOS! Oh my she was wonderful. Congrats for being in Where Women Create. Loved the feature story. Charlene

Anonymous said...

I just placed my first order with you based on recommendations from "Green Oak Ann." I have a small shop (800 sq ft), antique/vintage at the Jersey shore, and I am always looking for unique! Love the pics here...I appreciate your taking the time to put it all here for those of us who do not do the big shows!
Susan
www.thedutchrose.blogspot.com

Molly said...

Gina-

I just read about you from Where Women Create. Congrats on a fabulous article. Would love to visit you at your Warehouse in Grand Blanc. My daughter was just mentioning the Fairy Party which was 2 years ago at your open House at the Peacock...and then we went to Borders and there you were in Where Women Create. Glad your having such success. Molly of Mollycoddle Tiles

Anonymous said...

Found your site through Victoria magazine article. I would like more info on the conservatory.
Words cannot express how wonderful
your blogg is.

Thank you!

Sandi said...

Hi Gina,
I found you via Victoria magazine and am I ever glad I did. I visited your store Peacock Antiques when I was in the area visiting my daughter and it was the most beautiful place I have ever been in. I just loved walking around and looking at every little detail. Was so sad when it closed too. I didn't get there often, but it was a nice place to visit on our journey. Just found out that your estate is 13 minutes from my daughters home and it is just gorgeous!!!!! Hope to take a drive by someday...
Blessings~

ann at greenoak said...

hey gina!!!!love getting to see your wonderful displays.... and the new terrarium...and the awning over the cow.....
its just amazing!!!
ann

Barbara Jean said...

Wow! That was amazing!
Love the whole thing. Cannot believe all the work that goes on and how beautiful it turns out.,

be back soon

blessings

barbara jean

Unknown said...

I can't wait to get to Atlanta!
What a wonderful store. I wonder what shows you do I would love to attend one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...