Tuesday, August 23, 2011

My Romantic Home.......................

I am honored to also be featured in the September issue of "Romantic Homes" magazine. The issue is on newstands now. I hope you get a chance to get a copy.
The article is about my personal home, some decorating ideas that I incorporated into my home, and of course {Peacock Park Design} the home decor and gift line that I have the pleasure of creating.
This first shot is a misty summer morning at around 6 am. It is sooooo still out then, and smells like heaven.

The dining room is where the kids roller blade in a circle around the dining table, and back to the foyer, and around again....a regular racetrack......Believe it or not, nothing has ever been broken. I believe a house should be lived in, so even though it has some pretty formal rooms, it has seen ALOT of activity over the years....I have been in this home for 15 years now.



This room is a back bedroom that my husband calls the "packrat" room. it is because he says it looks like a french pack rat lives there, with all the treasure stashed in the closets and drawers...it is the stuff that "one day I will fix, create, duplicate or just save", and there is alot of it........shhhhh.....dont tell the history channel because "hoarders" producers will be knocking looking for a segment or two or three. Okay, so I need to purge. I will post an online estate sale one day, at least then I know people who appreciate it will get it. right?



This is the Kitchen, I did a ton of changes to this room, in the article it explains the fridge doors. My infamous opera girls....I just cant get enough of them. They are darn near life size here, and all decked out with three dimensional accessories. The sky I painted to look like a sunset and if you look close you can see the night stars lit in the sky...this was done with some tiny lights and fiber optics that I got for a steal, and thought I would give it a try...thank goodness it worked, because everyone thought I lost my mind on this one.



This is a portion of Mr. Wonderful's domain. He has his masculine den. This is where he will retreat to when he entertains.........me ..well you know how it goes......everyone gathers in the kitchen..



The library is loaded with old books, ledgers and novels...mixed with artwork and objet de' art. I like to mix it up. I also like pictures to hang on the "outside" of a bookcase so it gives it more dimension. It doesnt have to be a fabulous work of art, it could be a photo, or childrens drawing, or a great old advertisement...just frame it, and it instantly looks more important and meant to be there.






This is the parlour....well it used to be the dining room, but I switched it all around so the fireplace was in the dining room. I figured it was a better decision than to try to put a fireplace into the parlour right? This room goes off onto a terrific curved balcony with iron rail and flower boxes that wrap the perimeter. Aaahhhh. all the more to water. I think I might put in catcus and succulents next year, because my chores are getting too lengthy every day. It over looks the pool, which I might add now has over 50 koi fish in it. I decided I didnt have time to swim in it, or take care of it, so I turned it into a huge 15 ft. deep fish pond. The fish love it and it is amazing how huge they get when they have that much room to grow.



Well I hope you enjoyed my tour de jour....and if you are interested in seeing more you can find it on the newsstands.........



Thank you again Romantic Homes, I truly appreciate your feature.
BON JOUR !







Photobucket

10 comments:

trash talk said...

Good golly Miss Molly...I could set up a squatter's corner in that gorgeous, huge home and you'd never know I was there. Are you sure you're not Texan...'cause girl...you sure know how to live large?
Deb
P.S. I'm buying a copy tomorrow just to see it all and keep as a souvenir.

Mary Ann said...

Heavenly! Thanks for sharing your private space and thank you for visiting my blog~:. Hope to see you again next year in SF.

maryann @ verbena cottage

Sandi said...

Your estate is just gorgeous Gina! I bought the Romantic Home magazine just to see it a couple weeks ago!! :)
Blessings~

barbolarose said...

The photos are gorgeous but it is more gorgeous up close and personal! Anyone who gets to hang in your kitchen for your awesome cooking and chat is blessed!! The tour bus would be full for sure girl! I still think you would have the best reality show.

Ido said...

WOW! HOW BEAUTIFUL! Your home is amazing! I really enjoyed the tour, but I'm going for more so I will be buying the magazine. I would love to hear more about that online State sale you're planning on. Also love all those pictures from Victoria magazine, amazing!
Thank you!
XXX Ido

Sweet Old Vintage said...

I have read and enjoyed the article.... Also love the pics you posted... You are a very blessed lady with treasures far beyond many other bloggers such as I but I love everything and love the fact you enjoy your treasures... My little country home is having the back yard in demo as of today and will be under construction for a few weeks...I will love it as it is our little piece of this country we live in...

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Gina, I loved seeing your place in Victoria and now I'll have to check this out. You have the best ideas. Hope to see you soon back in Texas.

Unknown said...

I drive by your home every week on my way to church...love the outside and exciting to see a bit of the inside. :)

Cathy Hickman said...

How in the world did you do that to your fridge & freezer???? BEAUTIFUL!!

Debs DIY Recipes and Graphics said...

I had to wait to post because I had to keep pulling my jaw up . Amazing home . Such talent to decorate the way you do . Makes me want to get my husband to get me a trailer and go on a road trip . Your blog is so full of awesome goods .
I have been in the site and wanted to know if you drop ship ? Weights on the furniture is a guess , thought it would be easier to drop ship that type of item . Will be placing an order soon . Thanks for all the eye candy . Will be checking back to read more as it will take me a while to see it all .
Deb / http://crowscreekprimitives.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...