Friday, August 8, 2008

I think I am FINALLY getting the hang of this blog stuff.......

Okay, watch out.....I think I FINALLY am getting the hang of this blogging world....I couldnt figure out HOW to put pictures "throughout" my ramble, and not just on top.....WELL .....I just got a quick tutorial from the cyber sleuth aka :Cathy from Avalon Rose.....She is amazing on a computer. So Now I can post pics inside the test....watch this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
moss horse
CHECK IT OUT.....HAHAHAHAH I feel sooooo smart...."not really" but at least more accomplished.
This picture is of a display that we did for a retail store.
Anyway, can you tell that I LOVE moss???? I think it is such a cool look. On anything...I am sure EVERYONE knows the secret sauce to grow moss, but I will tell you again , just in case you forgot.....Take a blender , mix a big tub of yogurt and just add some real moss, but if you dont have any, add some vine leaves that green seems to get the process going quickly then paint a thick coat on any cement or terracotta surface....Make a "tent" over it with plastic,and keep it moist in the shade.....give it a couple weeks and VIOLA....it looks like you dug it up in an abandoned garden in England somewhere.....MAGIC !!!!
mirrored armoire
I have always loved this armoire....It is made with the "antiqed Mirror"...such a cool look. I know you probably know how to make mirror look old too....but I found a really good and easy way to add instant antiquity....... Take the mirror out of the object you found it in......pur some paint stripper in a spray bottle, or just dip a THICK bristle brush in the stripper and "flick" the stripper in thick splats on the back of the mirror. After about 20 minutes or so the backing will release from the glass... I like to do it a couple of different times, so it doesnt look to contrived and precise. Then when that is done, wipe on the back, black shoe polish, old english furniture polish and maybe watered down paint in the color of your choice. It will age it beautifully.....What REALLY looks good is to take out the entire "center" of a mirror....but destressed looking...NOT perfectly...then add a picture into the frame, and it gives you an amazing distressed mirror "mat" around your artwork or print......Oh, you will love it.....
lady logo
Stop and smell the roses.
Gina

4 comments:

Dawn-Hydrangea Home said...

Hi Gina! I just placed an order with your cousin at the NY show today and I love your stuff. She was very sweet and told me about your blog. Can't wait to see what else you have coming out. Good luck to you and your beautiful site.

Shabby Jen said...

I LOVE LOVE your merchandise and even more in love with your style. And thank you for sharing your moss secret. I am going to try it!
I am now a follower of your blog and will spend hours and days reading every bit of it.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving.
I can't wait to place my first order.

Nancy said...

My anticipation was rewarded yesterday when I received my Victoria magazine but the best bonus was finding your Peacock Park story!!!! I've been collecting oddities for many, many years so I love your things! Very appealing and clever. Thanks,
Nancy

Candy said...

Just finished reading your story in Where Women Create and love all your happenings. I look forward to tracking your work and the YouTube tutorials. I'm going to try the moss mix, thanks for sharing.
You are an inspiration ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...