Saturday, July 28, 2012

OPEN says Me............

Summer , summer, summer.......oh my gosh do I LOVE the summer.  I have been right in the midst of show season, and on my usual crazed agenda, however, I just finished Atlanta, and then a quick trip to "fluff" at the Los Angeles Showroom, then home again.......When I pull up, my gates are even MORE covered than when I left.  I strip all this ivy off in the spring, and this grows back it seems right before my eyes. In the fall it turns bright red and orange, but I cant bear the thought of that right now........

    I took the early 5.40 am flight out of Los Angeles and the sun was just starting to rise.........
   You can see catalina island off in the distance....If you have never been...it is fantastic. Once owned by the Wrigley family...(as in gum), it is as pristine as when they had it as their private retreat. It was the scene for many westerns and buffalo still roam as a result.
 I used to live in California, so to me this is like going home for a bit.  I took a drive to see the sun set over santa monica blvd.  In santa monica no less !!!   Yes, I was humming  the song the whole  time...I can be quite a dork. I think Cheryl Crow would have been mortified but Hey....who cares right ?

But to get to that beautiful sunset look what you must endure.....URGH.....the dreaded gridlock of LA.  Oh, it is just part of the vibe there, from 3-7 it is solid...so that is the price you pay to live in paradise. Notice the hills in the background. I don't mind the traffic, because I love the scenery.

 I toured some local stores in LA and I must say, the displays were fantastic....this is Big Daddys Store.

 Of course I like that there are real birds in the store...that has ALWAYS been true for any store I had....I would have birds of all kinds....They bring such life to a commercial space, as long as the cage is sufficent size, and his were!!!


 This made me want to buy every single one of these bikes and do a display....I can image these on an exterior wall and put baskets on the front and back, and fill with flowers and moss.......Aaaahhhh.
 When I got home, I had to go to a function near one of our Customers here in Michigan called.....Detroit Garden Works......
Oh, do I love this store...It is such a fabulous display of garden ornament, antiques, gifts and goodies, you can't help but to stand and wonder if you haven't walked into a shop somewhere in Europe....
 They carry the unique items for the garden and home.....like this tall basket weave fence panel....I LOVE this....Privacy with Panache'
 I spied this fabulous distressed mirror cabinet amongst some terrific terra cotta, and stone....
 There it is....so pretty. Yep....It is a Peacock Park Design Product....It is funny, it is like you see your kids when I walk into a store and my products are on the shelves. It is so nice when they are displayed so well too.....It's like they went to a good home.  Yes, I have to say....this one made Momma proud  :)



 Believe it or not this birch wood table is CONCRETE.....Yes...I kid you not!!!   It is Faux Bois ( pronounced  FO BWAH)  It means false wood in French. And they make this by hand here at Detroit Garden Works.  It is some of the best I have seen, and believe me I have seen ALOT over the years.





Our tin cubbies, fit right in the mix with their wonderful array of antique tin and zinc garden goodies.
 Look how good our wall bird cages look against this amazing greenery covered wall.


I hope you enjoyed the shopping tour....... I know I did, and slowly I am trying to get better at all this cyber stuff, and keep y'all more up to speed on what Me and " The Peacock Flock" are up to.

announcement

Next post we are going to be starting up our new give a ways of goodies that are coming into the warehouse to random selects of you who follow us on your side bar....I thank you so so much for your sweet comments, emails, and notes that truly make our day!!!!!.




Photobucket

6 comments:

Sandi said...

These stores look amazing Gina!! I love your wares in each one also. Beautiful!!
Blessings~

time worn interiors said...

I've Know Big Daddy, Shane for several years. Thanks for showing pics of his shop!
tot

susan said...

Gina don't mean to be crude but you could decorate a pile of cow poop and i would love it!!! lmao

Carole said...

I thought I recognized that mirrored dresser. I have it too. Will have to look for your tin cubbies.
x
C

Bohemian said...

I Loved this Virtual Shopping Trip with you! The Bird Cages are Awesome.

Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

Deena said...

Love the designs and wold LOVE to win a goodie!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...